I have to give a shout out for the Mack Mesa Fly-In this past weekend in Colorado. Thanks to our hosts, Ladd, Steve and Lexi for getting this little field of dreams ready for all of us. Words really fail me in trying to describe how much I enjoyed this Fly-In and the Colorado and Utah backcountry that we experienced so I'm getting to work on some videos.

With only 75 hours on my EX this turned out to be a backcountry boot camp for me as we went into some of the most remote and beautiful strips I've ever seen. Each day we flew in groups. First day, there were 5 of us together and second day at one point we were a flight of 8!!

Awesome group of guys. Very helpful. Before heading to every new strip we got a briefing from pilots who had landed there previously. Some of the best in the business including RanchPilot, Mountainmatt and Coyote Crazy Joe "Pops" Dory.

Rick Bosshardt (Cub Crafters rep for AZ) and I left a day early from KFFZ Thursday morning and we beat the weather at both ends, dodging some huge downpours in Phx area the next day and getting into Mack Mesa, CO mid afternoon.

I took a ton of footage and just starting to turn out some vids to share this awesome trip with others. This video takes you from a fuel stop at Holbrook, AZ, and through the western edge of Monument Valley. Weather kept us away from the park but there were still some fantastic rock formations and scenery.

Unbelievably enjoyable to fly through this country. Here's the link to the video posted on YouTube showing off some "Monuments" in northern Arizona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbK82e2S08

Enjoy.