Thread: Service Bulletins 15 and 20

Default Service Bulletins 15 and 20

There is an interesting discussion going on in the Sport Cub forum about SB15 and SB20. These apply to Carbon Cub so if you don't visit that forum you might want to catch up.

Here are the links to the SB's: SB15 and SB20
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: Service Bulletins 15 and 20

Is service bulletin #20 saying that if your aircraft serial number is 147 or higher, and if there is no movement detected per service bulletin #15, that torque tube replacement is not required before continuing with "the section for all aircraft"?
    Jim McCabe
    Carbon Cub SS #153

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Is service bulletin #20 saying that if your aircraft serial number is 147 or higher, and if there is no movement detected per service bulletin #15, that torque tube replacement is not required before continuing with "the section for all aircraft"?
    Correct.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

What a bunch of baloney SB 20 is. We buy a new $200,000 airplane and we are splicing wires to do the repair...amazing!
    Why wasn't a new stick sent out, it is too short any way. The Torque Tube issue was bad enough and now this. The resaon for the 10 day manditory is not clear either. Have there been failures? We want to be totally safe of course but why not at annual? An explaination would be a good thing. I am obviously very unhappy with the way this has been handled. Anyone else?
    Last edited by almontna; 02-29-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almontna View Post
    I am obviously very unhappy with the way this has been handled. Anyone else?
    No, not I.

I was surprised when the SB arrived (timing was fortuitous, as my airplane had just gone in for its annual), but CC has been forthcoming with information and Vera was most helpful in making sure parts arrived on time.

As was mentioned in the original post in this thread, there is more information in this thread in the Sport Cub forum.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180