Thread: G3X Install

Default G3X Install

I just finished up my G3X install. It took about 70 hours and day one started with electronics 101 with Mitch. As you guys already know, his support was amazing! It has been the best customer service experience that I have ever had with any business! There was a day where I was having issues and I know I must have called Mitch 10 times. He was always patient and he knows the system so well he could help me go through the schematic by memory!

I was going to put the airplane on the gear before I started the install but I am glad I didn't. It made the job much easier to be able to rotate the airplane. With the G3X there is a lot of hardware under the airplane and the working sitting on a chair is much easier than on your back!

Just like everything else, now that I have done one, the next one would be much easier. I think I zip tied everything three time. The third time it was finally in the correct location! It is a tight space to fit all those wires and static lines around the fuselage. I even had to enlist the help of my nine year old a few times!!

This was my first go at airplane electronics and avionics and with Mitch's help was a very enjoyable experience.

MR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: G3X Install

Your rats nest of wires looks way better than mine. Good job!

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Jake,

You are much braver than I to tackle a job like that without a pre made harness! Keep us posted on your progress!

MR

Thanks....I would be done today with the wires but I decided last week to add the GDL39R for ADS-B in and wx since I didn't go with XM. I also decided to add a GPS input to my ACK ELT. Anyone one know which RS232 pin to use and how to configure it? Too tired to sift thru the Garmin manual right now.

If it wasn't for Mitch at CC and Chris at SteinAir, I would have set fire to it by now. I think I am on the home stretch.

Jake

P.s. Don't freak out when the intercom doesn't work and the radio says Comm 2. That and more are changed in the settings menus. Almost started ripping apart my headset jacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!