Thread: ThunderStorms FlashFloods

Default ThunderStorms FlashFloods

I know we all are aware what large thunderstorms and flash floods can do. Here in Indian Wells, CA. where the ANNUAL rain is about 3", we got 3" in about an hour!
    My home is the highest elevation in the community, and just got a bit of wet carpet when the pool overflowed. Others were not so fortunate! The city, home owners Assoc. and county have asked for a copy of my video for the engineers to try and come up with some fixes. I filmed this the day of the flood-
    The air shots were done with a Phantom2 QuadCopter, Zenmuse 3H-3D Gimbal, GoPro Hero3+ Black camera, FPV video system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piuZEAwcxys
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

Default Re: ThunderStorms FlashFloods

Steve,
    Excellent job of documenting this disaster. Hope your plane fared well in all this. Mother nature can be very cruel.
    Ken

Default Re: ThunderStorms FlashFloods

Great coverage Steve, really good job. Thanks for posting. Hard to imagine what the insurance costs will be. I haven't heard, hope no one got hurt.

Glad at this point I don't have a place there, just rent now and then in the winter. It is amazing to me with the Monsoons, they dump so much out your way but by the time they get to us it is just a few sprinkles. I guess the mountains slow them down, or the prevailing northwest winds.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA