Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sport Cub Propeller Comparison Chart

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Default Re: Sport Cub Propeller Comparison Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    I agree with John. The wood prop that came with my Sportcub, especially when matched with 26" tires, was a "good looking dog". The sensenich ground adjustable prop performed much better when I added it... then when I got Bart to work on the pistons, cylinders, I had to add 4" more prop-pitch with cartridges to keep from red-lining. With 4-n-2-none exhaust, sensi prop, and Bart performance... that little airplane would really fly. R
    So tell me, what prop pitch did you finally end up with on your hotrod?

JM

John: I ran 48 through 52 on the plane... still configured with 26" tires. Prop pitches ran 48 for super short TO/Landing times or when I was demoing the plane with two up. 52" prop for trips...very comfortable and ran ca. 115mph... and the 50 stayed on there the remainder of the time. The airplane ran faster, and as a result cooler, burned less fuel, and seemed "happer" after the flow-match, balance, and high compression pistons. I'm convinced that 7:1 C-200 pistons just don't know what to do with 100LL. Bart has the answer. R
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    John: I ran 48 through 52 on the plane... still configured with 26" tires. Prop pitches ran 48 for super short TO/Landing times or when I was demoing the plane with two up. 52" prop for trips...very comfortable and ran ca. 115mph... and the 50 stayed on there the remainder of the time. The airplane ran faster, and as a result cooler, burned less fuel, and seemed "happer" after the flow-match, balance, and high compression pistons. I'm convinced that 7:1 C-200 pistons just don't know what to do with 100LL. Bart has the answer. R
    Thanks, Ralph. Very good info.

JM

You got to remember ralph had the hot rod engine what I call a "S3" so drop two points on the pitches for standard engine like for me similar results but with 46-50 cart
    Geo
    Piper Cub J3
    www.cubdriving.com