Thread: Ultimate Aviation dvd series

Default Ultimate Aviation dvd series

Hi,
    Just received a dvd in the mail from Ultimate Aviation. It was called Unltimate Aviation Volume 1 and Chapter 2 is all about Cub Crafters Light Sport Aircraft. There are 12 other chapters that range from Barnstorming to Blakesburg Antique Fly-in to warbirds, etc. This aviation dvd runs for about an hour. I was probably sent the dvd because it shows my aircraft, N50 KB, on floats when CC was doing the orginial float testing in Wisconsin. I wish CC had let me keep those orginial fittings even though I don't intend to fly on floats. It would clean up the look of the fuselage. The dvd does a brief history of the Sport Cub and mostly has video with the Carbon Cub SS.
    It is a product of Flightline LLC. I have no interest in this company and was going to send the dvd back unopened since I had not sent for it. For $12.95, it was worth the cost.
    mike

Default Re: Ultimate Aviation dvd series

I found their website. The only offer there is a two-DVD set for $35 ($40 Blu-Ray). It does mention the CubCrafters segment.

There are some less-than-favorable comments on the BeechTalk forum about the unsolicited mailings of these DVDs.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Smile Re: Ultimate Aviation dvd series

Quote Originally Posted by Pilawt View Post
    I found their website. The only offer there is a two-DVD set for $35 ($40 Blu-Ray). It does mention the CubCrafters segment.

There are some less-than-favorable comments on the BeechTalk forum about the unsolicited mailings of these DVDs.
    Jeff, I agree with the unsolicited mailing comments but most of those who replied on the BeechTalk forum said they didn't look at the DVD. You can keep the DVD if it is mailed to you and throw the billing info away as stated in the small print on the back page. For me, I felt it was worth the $12. Will see what happens in the future. Just found it interesting that they used footage that proved that 50KB did fly on floats. There was a point when I was having cylinder problems with the S-1 that CC stated it had never flown on floats. That is all water over the dam now or behind the floats depending on how you look at it. I felt the dvd was fairly well done in both script and video footage but each of us has their opinions. Thanks for information.
    mike